23 August, 2006

Welcome Party, Sunday shopping and Malmö Festival

hej, once more!
I was quite busy during the last few days, so it took a bit longer then expected until this blog entry. First of all I would like to show you some of the pictures taken from my room. As you might already know the furniture was already in the room when I arrived here. The fotos are "as it is", which means I didn't care to clean up :D.








During the saturday we joined an excursion for the exchange students trough the southern part of Sweden. We had good weather and visited two places of interest. One was a very, very old castle and the other was a stone monument from the viking age. It formed a viking ship sailing to the north. Maybe this doesn't sound that great but it was quite interesting. But of course my personal highlight was a visit to the really beautiful beach. I love the sea so much, I always relax myself when I am close to water! The guy behind Annina is Hermann, our new friend from Salzburg.



As I mentioned before on Saturday night there was a big Welcome-Party for all international exchange students. It was located at one of the main buildings at the LTH (Lunds tekniska högskolan = Lunds Technical University), which is my university in Lund. I would like to have such partys at my university in Graz too. They sold too few tickets, so a lot of room was left during the party. This was the only drawback, because alot of students didn't get any tickets. I have some fotos from the party too:



On sunday, the day after the party we were really tired. The first week was cram-full of new impressions and we didn't sleep that much. Anyway, we decided to go to IKEA to get some basic stuff for our rooms. In Sweden a lot of shops have opened on Sunday too, for example the nearest supermarket is opened every day from 9h to 22h. Nico would like this :)
I didn't know what I had expected, but Ikea was so fucking crowded, I think every single family in whole Sweden was at Ikea on this day, shopping furniture and other stuff for their children. I bought some stuff like a blanket, a linen, a dustbin and some decorative items for my room.

On Monday I joined a friend from my corridor, who went to Malmö to the so called "Malmöfestivalen", which is a very big festival, lasting for about 2 weeks. There are many live-bands and all the concerts are for free. At least until I drank my first beer, after that I realised it is not for free :). Yeah, but I guess I have to get used to this. Even the beer from the supermarket is expensive in Sweden. If you want to get drunk, the only way to do this without spending a lot of money are the so called "Nations".

I will explain the idea behind the nations in my next blog. I hope you enjoy this entry, including the pictures is a lot of work, right now. But I guess, there will be easier and better ways writing his own blog than the online user interface. As I realized, the picture-layout isn't very good, but I don't have any time to fix this right now...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi son
that all looks great - i think youre gonna do a lot of fine experiences. go ahead....
i think, i`ll be there once to visite you and to see all those by myselfe...

please a lot of pics into your blog...
:-)

see you, hear you, read more from you ...

a good time to you and annina

matias

09:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my boy!

Very nice pics, now I can imagine how you live right now. I'm very happy, that you place our present in the center of your shelf! Hehe...
I wish you a good time and greetings to Annina!

Aaron

11:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

s'up son!

:-) yup, truly nice pix, i gotta agree with aaron. just one thing: "i love the beach" and then a picture with annina in jeans, sweater and jacket is just WRONG. or is it me who had the wrong connotations? :-)

anyhow, good that you finally settled down and celebrated your first party. don't miss any, okay!

oh, and, hehehe... when i reached the point of the supermarket opening hours i was like "YES, that's how it's supposed to be" and then... one sentance later you had mentioned meeeeee... :-) hahaha.

take care folks and talk to you soon,
nico

12:03  
Blogger Felix said...

"that's how it's supposed to be", hahaha so funny, spoken like a real statesman :). I knew you would like it!

@Aaron: I just have it placed there for the picture. Normally it's hidden below my bed ;)

14:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture is nice, I know... that is why I took it! It's the only picture that shows how we like each other :)

13:17  
Blogger Martin said...

Hey Felix!

Nice blog! It seems you're enjoying your time up there - that's good! Wish you lots of fun and good experiences!

Take care!
Martin

14:26  
Blogger oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, toms shoes, converse, louis vuitton, ugg uk, ray ban, moncler, links of london, nike air max, marc jacobs, karen millen uk, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, lancel, barbour, canada goose, hollister, swarovski, louis vuitton, hollister, doudoune moncler, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, converse outlet, montre pas cher, moncler uk, coach outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, vans, moncler, ugg, louis vuitton, barbour uk, moncler, pandora uk, replica watches, canada goose outlet, gucci, doke gabbana, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler

01:26  
Blogger jasonbob said...

christian louboutin shoes
russell westbrook shoes
coach outlet
air max 2017
kyrie 6
yeezy
balenciaga sneakers
yeezy
timberland boots
goyard bags

06:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home