22 September, 2006

eating habits

At the beginning of my stay, I was a bit helpless by the fact I have to cook for my own and only for my own. I am used to cook together with Aaron, Morschi or Annina for let's say at least 2 persons but rather 3 or 4 persons. So at the very beginning I didn't even know how much food I should buy for myself. Cooking for only 1 person is less fun and more work. Back at home I tended toward making a froozen pizza, toast or just eating bread. But doing this all the time does not work.

But during the last few weeks I became a professional 1-person cook and tend to buy the right amount of food so that the food doesn't rot in my refrigerator. I mainly cook pasta with different kind of sauces or meat/fish with potatoes. Potatoes are a very, very traditional swedish food since it is one of the very few vegetables that grow in a cold enviroment like here in Sweden. The fact that the can be preserved during the whole year makes them even more important for the swedish history. Due all those facts, potatoes are one of the cheapest things you can eat in Sweden. One kilogram costs only about 0.5 euro. Although I didn't like potatoes that much at home and hardly ever cooked one by myself, I really enjoy eating them here. They fit very good to salmon, which I eat a lot up here :). And preparing a creme-fraiche sauce with a lot of spices as a side dish to the potatoes makes them even better.

Yesterday I had maybe the best food since I was here. At my local supermarket I have seen some pepper-steaks for a few times right now but I always was a bit frightened by the price. But yesterday i just bought them and hmmmmm ->peppersteaks with potatoes and some vegetables. Do I need to add anything here???

The only drawback is that I haven't managed to cook the right servings so far. We have no balance and therefore I tend to cook too much for me. The good thing is that I cook about 2 times a week together with my corridor-mate Brice and hopefully will cook more often together with Annina in the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

polo lacoste, burberry pas cher, true religion outlet, hollister uk, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, ralph lauren uk, nike free uk, michael kors, true religion outlet, north face uk, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, timberland pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach outlet, mulberry uk, nike blazer pas cher, kate spade, nike air max, true religion jeans, true religion outlet, lululemon canada, nike free run, ray ban uk, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, guess pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike tn, michael kors pas cher, oakley pas cher, nike air max uk, nike air force, sac vanessa bruno, jordan pas cher, new balance, north face, coach purses, vans pas cher, nike air max uk, sac hermes, hogan outlet, louboutin pas cher, air max, michael kors, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren

01:23  
Blogger oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, toms shoes, converse, louis vuitton, ugg uk, ray ban, moncler, links of london, nike air max, marc jacobs, karen millen uk, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, lancel, barbour, canada goose, hollister, swarovski, louis vuitton, hollister, doudoune moncler, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, converse outlet, montre pas cher, moncler uk, coach outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, vans, moncler, ugg, louis vuitton, barbour uk, moncler, pandora uk, replica watches, canada goose outlet, gucci, doke gabbana, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler

01:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home